Mar 23, 2010

Happy has got a job to do.

This morning, I brought Happy for a long easy walk as her left front leg has just recovered from a slight limp.  She probably strained her leg muscle jumping down from a high latch the other day while out on our walk.  After two leg massages, she is okay now! 
I put a dog backpack on her, simulating that she has a job to do, she loves it.   She carried her own water and mine as well hahaha... of course, to let her get used to carrying a load, I made it really light and just filled two small bottles with only 200ml of water each and put it on both side of her backpack to balance it out.  As the weather was not very hot and the walk quite easy, this small amount of water was sufficient for us.  She felt important wearing the backpack!  hahaha  Give the dog a job! 
The walk was really nice, most part of the path was shady and cool even though the sun was out.  There were some steep slopes along the way, great for conditioning my leg muscle!  :)  Oh I forgot to mention where we walked!  We took the path from Tung Chung to Tai O again, decent cemented path all the way.  This time round, I managed to walk till the look-out point near Hau Hok Wan (almost reaching Sha Lo Wan.)  It took us 40 minutes each way and 1 hour 20 minutes round trip.  At the look-out point, we were able to see aircraft take-off and landing, the whole landing strip and the airport!  Great view...  too bad I forgot about my camera today!  sigh!  Next time! 
Happy was complimented on how pretty she looked by two villagers and a hiker. She also received loads of attention from other hikers on how sharp she looked wearing her backpack!  One 'ignorant' lady commented about Happy wearing such a nice jacket!  I wanted to tell her that it is not a jacket, but a backpack, one must be raving mad to let a dog wear a jacket in this weather!!!  But I refrained from doing so...On the other hand, it got me thinking, will the backpack caused Happy to overheat?  I kept a vigilant eye on her and watched her carefully for any signs of heat exhaustion and also let her have as many water breaks as she needed.  She is fine and seemed to enjoy every minute of her 'working' trip! 
Below are some photos taken on a previous trip along the same way.
      

      

      
airport in the distance
     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment