Mar 5, 2010

Yippee

We saw the feral cows again last evening! One of them, the black one was again grazing in the same field, while we met the other one (the brown one) really close-up on the path that we often walked Happy. Indeed, being a true city girl all my life (I was even afraid of cats and dogs till I moved to this rural area! And also, I couldn't even bear to look at a snake on TV without freaking out! Now, I have adapted to seeing snakes all the time during the summer months in this area. ), I was rather apprehensive of the close proximity to theferal cow, a little too close for my comfort! I was unsure of it's behaviour and potential reactions toward us, being just a mere 2 metres away from the animal! What if it charges at me? I wouldn't be able to outrun it!! So, I took my flight instinct and quickly passed the feral cow by and moved on...hahahaha... would have love to pet it instead! Maria the village dog aka Happy's best friend wouldn't give up on trying to chase the cow away! She was growling at the poor thing! We have to call her several times to leave the cow alone! Looks like I have to read up on feral cows behaviour in case I get another chance to be so close to the animal again. Next time round, I might not be wary of it again due to my ignorance about this animal! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment